Wednesday 2 November 2011

Spaces with Artificial Memory

 186 Fleet Street: Sweeney Todd's memory


 Whitechapel: places where Jack the Ripper killed two of five women.



Wandsworth Roundabout: From the scene of Clockwork Orange, the first act of 'ultra violence'

The tunnels, the tightness of the spaces and their memory, artificial or not, certainly gave be some goosebumps on my visit there. All of these three spaces have few things in common: the aura of fear, tightness and tension of the inner space and, of course, the memory. My memory it is. That's what I judge the space before I enter it. That I found quite weird, as not many people are aware of the history of these London spots, and obviously not many people would share my fear of them. Gives me something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment